Hand Penned Congratulations Anniversary Card

 Hi Crafting Friend,

Well, here it is, the last week before the new annual catalog goes live on May 2nd! It's exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting because of all the new colors, stamps, dies, embellishments, etc. that we will have to play with; sad because so many favorites are retiring. 

All this month I have been trying to feature projects that use the soon to be retired products I have so you can have some more inspiration to draw from. I hope you have been enjoying them. This week I used Hand Penned Petals 2-step stamps and the coordinating Penned Flowers dies. The card isn't difficult, but it is fiddly. I do love how it turned out though, so it was totally worth it! The product list with links to shop, if you're so inclined, is below the photo.

I started with a Very Vanilla card base (5.5 X 8.5, scored on the long side at 4.25) Using Memento ink and the largest floral image, I stamped off once each time I inked the stamp and randomly covered the front of the card. I then used Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pads with the "coloring" stamps to fill in the large flowers and the large leaves, again stamping off once each time I inked the stamps.

To make the focal floral piece, I die-cut the detail of the largest floral from Basic Black cardstock. (Here comes the fiddly part, putting pink cardstock behind just the flowers) I lightly traced the outline of the detail piece onto Blushing bride cardstock with a pencil. Then I cut off the leaves and fussy cut what was left slightly smaller than the pencil outline. (I used an exacto knife to cut out the inner areas that needed to be removed) Using tiny drops of Multipurpose Liquid Glue, I adhered the pink behind the black. I used a Black Stamp N Write marker to cover any pink that peeked out around the edges. Next I die-cut the outline of the large floral piece from Pear Pizzazz cardstock and then adhered it behind the pink & black. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, I adhered the completed focal piece to the front of the card. The sentiment is stamped with Memento onto a .5 strip of Very Vanilla. I trimmed it and carefully punched the ends with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Using a sponge dauber, I inked the edges with Pear Pizzazz and adhered it beneath the focal piece with Mini  Stampin' Dimensionals. That's it, easy peasy! I'm going to make a few more so I have some pretty anniversary cards on hand.

Thanks for stopping by MissQsCraftingContinuum, Live Long & Craft On! -Susan 🌄🖖


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Hills of Tuscany Fun Fold Card

Grassy Grove Clean & Simple Card

Hello Happy Sea Turtle Card