Sending Smiles, A Card to Say Hello

 Hi Crafting Friend,

My inspiration for this card came from Terri Gaines. She showed how to do this fun fold and the technique of embossing the whole card in the embossing folder about a year ago. I ran across it recently and fell in love with it. This is my interpretation of it. Unfortunately, the embossing didn't photograph very well, but trust me, the card is lovely.


Start with a 7 X 5&1/2 cardstock card base. (I used Very Vanilla) Score it on the long side at 1&3/8 and 5&5/8. Fold and burnish your score lines, then, with the card base closed, run it through your machine in the embossing folder. This gives the entire card texture as shown in the photo below.


You need a strip of coordinating cardstock cut to 2&3/4 X 5&1/2, (I used Calypso Coral) and a strip of DSP cut to 1&1/4 X 5&1/2 Center it on the strip of coordinating cardstock and adhere it, then adhere the cardstock to the inside of the left flap making sure the DSP strip is centered between the two flaps when they are closed. You now have your basic card and can begin to decorate it. 
I used a 2 - 2&3/4 squares of Calypso Coral with 2&1/2 squares of Very Vanilla layered on top of them. One was stamped to decorate it and adhered inside the card to write on and the other was used to create the focal point of the card with the Sending Smiles stamp set and Sending dies.


Click here to watch Terri's video the instructions for the assembly of the card begin at 1:39
I hope you like this card as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by, Live Long & Craft On! - Susan 🌄🖖

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Hills of Tuscany Fun Fold Card

Grassy Grove Clean & Simple Card

Hello Happy Sea Turtle Card