My vacation - The 55 Year Mission Tour (Star Trek) Convention

 Hi Stamping Friend,

 I just spent a week in Las Vegas at Creation Entertainment's 55-Year Mission Tour Convention  (formerly known as Star Trek Las Vegas). Since Star Trek is another passion of mine, I thought I'd tell you about it instead of posting a project. I hope you don't mind indulging me.

Last year's convention was postponed twice and eventually cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so the ticket carried over to this year. 

The rotunda/entrance of the convention center at the Rio Hotel where the convention was held.

I was excited to go, but at the same time a bit concerned about going because the delta variant of the virus is spreading. I have been fully vaccinated for a few months and the state of Nevada is requiring masks for everyone inside regardless of vaccination status. They were also requiring a negative COVID test at registration for unvaccinated people as well as a retest on site on Friday morning for those who arrived before Thursday. With all these precautions in place, I felt safe in attending. 

As the convention neared, I noticed that celebrity guests were cancelling left & right and I began to wonder if it was going to be any fun. I need not have given it a thought. Creation really did a great job of rearranging the programming and getting some last minute guests to replace those who cancelled.

View of the stage from the back of the auditorium

View of the stage from my seat 


The Roddenberries were the House Band, they played intro and exit music as guests arrived and left the stage during the week. They also played a concert on the Roddenberry Stage in Jimmy's Place, the pub/eatery/hangout that Creation Entertainment set up for the convention. Chase Masterson (Leeta - DS9) also sang there for happy hour every night.


L-R:  JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reilly, Cirroc Lofton, Armin Shimmerman, Andrew Robinson from Deep Space Nine

L-R:  Athena Massey, Lynn Salvatori, & Nikki Tyler Flynn were all guest stars on Voyager

There's so much one post can't cover it all, more next week! 
Susan 🌄🖖

Here's a link if you'd like to check out their site:   https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv.html






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Hills of Tuscany Fun Fold Card

Grassy Grove Clean & Simple Card

Hello Happy Sea Turtle Card