Shaded Summer & Summer Shadows Thank You Card

 Hi Crafting Friend,

I don't know about you, but I always seem to run out of thank you cards so that's what today's card is. I pulled out Mint Macaron & Pale Papaya, two colors that are soon to retire, to start my creative juices flowing. They made me think of spring and flowers so I chose a floral set that will soon be retiring, then I looked for a DSP that would coordinate. What resulted is what you see in the pictures below. The only stamping was the greeting (added after I had determined the placement of the focal floral arrangement), the foliage and some "texture" under the floral focal point that came from an old favorite retired set. (its Gorgeous Grunge, I put it in the product list at the very end in case you have it & want to use it) I added a little color with sponge daubers too.

As you may have noticed if you've seen many of my cards, most of the time I'm a fan of simple cards, and this one is pretty simple. The Mint Macaron card base is 8.5 X 5.5 scored at 4.25 and folded on the score line. The DSP layer is 2.75 X 4. The next layer is a 2.75 X 4.25 piece of Pale Papaya and the final layer is a 2.5 X 4 piece of Basic White with some random "texture" and the sentiment stamped in Pale Papaya.      

The focal floral cluster is all die-cut from colored cardstock except the foliage "sprigs" which are stamped in Mint Macaron on Basic White, then die-cut. To give the flowers and leaves some added dimension I used a sponge dauber for each color and added ink to some of the die-cut pieces. I played with the arrangement of the flowers and leaves until I was happy with it and adhered the pieces together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I had one flower leftover, so I put a little color on the 4 X 5.5 Basic White insert and adhered it in the corner. I used Mini Dimensionals to adhere the focal floral arrangement to the front of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the universe. Live Long & Craft On! -Susan 🌄🖖



Product List
Gorgeous Grunge Clear Stamp Set
Gorgeous Grunge Clear Stamp Set
[130517]
$18.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Hills of Tuscany Fun Fold Card

Grassy Grove Clean & Simple Card

Hello Happy Sea Turtle Card