Lighting The Way Lantern Card C.A.S.E.d From The Mini Catalog

 Hi Crafting Friend,

I hope your day is going well. Today I decided to C.A.S.E (Copy And Share Everything) the lantern card from page 18 of the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog, pictured below. Of course, I put my own spin on the card, but I tried to copy the lantern exactly as they made it. It was really fiddly because I used scraps to cut out just the parts I needed. A scrap of Basic White stamped with Daffodil Delight and fussy cut to fit the lantern provides the "glow." I like the way it turned out, but if I make another one like this I will die-cut the entire lantern in both black and copper, then cut off the unnecessary parts from the copper one, use the black as a base and adhere the copper pieces on top of it. 

Brian (my husband) says he likes my version better because it evokes the feeeling of  dusk, when the fireflies come out, better than the card in the catalog. What do you think, is he just being kind because I'm his wife? 😉 

To make my version of the card I used Evening Evergreen cut to 4.25 X 11 and scored at 5.5 for the card base. The Fancy Flora DSP is 6 X 6, I cut the pattern I used into two - 3 inch pieces, then trimmed each of them to 5.5, one for the card front and one for the inside. On the card front I used a 4 X 4 square of Soft Succulent and stamped the grass in the same color for a tone on tone effect. I mentioned in the paragraph above how to construct the lantern. It is adhered with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I stamped the smallest firefly 3 times with Soft Succulent & Daffodil Delight on  a scrap of Basic white, then die cut them & used mini dimensionals to adhere them to the card front. Inside I used a 4 X 4 square of Soft Sea Foam on top of the DSP strip. I stamped the medium sized firefly with the same colors as wer used on the card front. The trail of fireflies is Soft Succulent stamped off once and the sentiment is Evening Evergreen. The clickable product list is below the photos. I include the stamps and dies as a bundle (10% discount) and individually in case you don't want both (hard to imagine, but possible 😀)

Thanks for spending part of your day with me. Live Long & Craft On! - Susan 🌄🖖



Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Hills of Tuscany Fun Fold Card

Grassy Grove Clean & Simple Card

Hello Happy Sea Turtle Card